Guided Walk Includes:
We will be hosting a series of guided wildlife walks in Bath capturing the spring, summer and autumn seasonal changes. The walks will be lead by Gary Moore, a highly experienced BBC wildlife sound recordist, ornithologist, natural historian and Bath local. He has worked on numerous BBC wildlife documentaries including the Autumn/Winter/Springwatch series and a number of David Attenborough productions. Our first walk in the series will explore the sounds, species, science and magic behind the dawn chorus in our amazing city.
Gary Moore in action on a recent BBC Springwatch programme
You will experience the ’Bath Dawn Chorus’ with a skilled ornithologist, whilst exploring a range of habitats within 1 kilometre of Bath Abbey. At 6am you will start the walk with Gary who will provide an incite into the soundscape and species waking their human neighbours, before finishing the walk around 8am at a panoramic viewpoint over the city. Here you will have the opportunity to ask Gary any questions you might have concerning local species, his work as a natural history sound recordist and the opportunity to see the hi-tech tools of his trade. In addition it's a good spot for a cup of tea whilst watching the early morning sun rise over Bath.
Online Booking Calendar
We currently have 2 dates available below which can be booked online. If you would like to book for a private group please use the 'Enquiry Form' at the bottom of the page.
What to expect?
- Experience the dawn chorus in Bath
- Morning with skilled ornithologist and naturalist
- Increase understanding of bird identification, calls and likely habitats
- Gary will share his experiences as a BBC natural history sound recordist
- See field sound recording equipment in action
What do you need to bring with you?
- Sensible outdoor clothing including a waterproof jacket, warm hat and top
- Walking shoes, trail shoes or trainers
- Flask of tea/coffee/snacks
- Binoculars if you have them