Bath Badger Watch with Gary Moore
Guided Walk Includes:
We will be hosting a series of guided wildlife walks in Bath capturing the spring, summer and autumn seasonal changes. The walks will be lead by Gary Moore, a highly experienced BBC wildlife sound recordist, ornithologist, natural historian and Bath local. He has worked on numerous BBC wildlife documentaries including the Autumn/Winter/Springwatch series and a number of David Attenborough productions. Our second walk in the series will provide the opportunity to observe a family of badgers.
Gary Moore in action on a recent BBC Springwatch programme
Your experience will start with an introduction from Gary Moore whilst enjoying a warming soup and sandwich at the Combe Grove Hotel. Here you will have the opportunity to ask Gary any questions you might have concerning local species and his work as a natural history sound recordist. This will be followed by a short walk through the 60 acre Combe Grove estate before settling into field chairs to observe a family of badgers emerging form their set. Light and time dependent this will be followed by the opportunity to observe some of the estates nocturnal species.
What to expect?
- Experience the beginning of the night shift for a badger family
- Warming soup and a sandwich to set you up for a short guided walk before sitting in an open hide to observe badger activity
- Evening with skilled ornithologist and naturalist
- Increase understanding of animal identification, calls and likely habitats
- Gary will share his experiences as a BBC natural history sound recordist
What do you need to bring with you?
- Sensible outdoor clothing including a waterproof jacket, warm hat and top - Soft clothing makes the least noise
- Walking shoes, trail shoes or trainers
- Flask of tea/coffee
- Binoculars if you have them