Cotswolds and South Wales bikepacking holidays
- 2-3 Days riding and 1-2 nights wild camping dependent on length of package
- Full guided riding for the duration
- MBLA qualified guides with first aid training
- Maximum of 4-1 client to guide ratio
- Maximum group size of 8 excluding guides
- Video and Photo’s – GoPro photos and video documenting your adventure will be available through Dropbox.
- Knowledge – Throughout the weekend you will be able to quizz us on any questions you may have. We happily provide mentoring, tuition on any aspects of bike packing, bike skills, repair & maintenance, equipment, first aid, navigation, bush craft, personal security, wild foods and just about anything else related to living off two wheels!
- Bike Packing Aide Memoire – A concentrated guide for future use providing information on all aspects you will have enjoyed during the weekend to inspire and support future adventures.
- Bike Repair – All but catastrophic bike mechanical issues can be sorted on the trail keeping your adventure on track. Any replacement components will be charged at cost.
Ability: Novice to Advanced
Prices: Starting from £150 excluding equipment hire
Enjoy our relaxing mid-week and weekend bikepacking adventure packages providing you the opportunity to unwind and enjoy some of the Cotswolds and South Wales classic adventure cycling routes. Experience wild camping and enjoying the simple pleasures of cooking outside and the warmth of a camp fire.
Our riding style is focused on enjoyment and adventure as opposed to white knuckle down hill descents. Routes will take between 6-8 hours to complete with stops en route to enjoy coffee, cake and lunch! We run a number of 2-3 day packages catering for newcomers, experienced riders and women only ensuring that you get the most out of your time with us.
You will need a moderate level of fitness to get the most out of the weekend, there will be a few hills to climb!
For group bookings of 6-8 we will modify the routes to suit the fitness and technical ability of the group.
2018 Available Package Dates - Coming Soon
- Travel to meeting point at Bath Spa and Chepstow train stations
- Food – Prior to the weekend we will send you a recommended meal programme. This will give you the opportunity to learn to cook the foods you enjoy outdoors at home in the kitchen! You will be surprised what you can cook with a stove, we are always experimenting with new and tasty simple recipes
- Travel/Medical Insurance - Like any holiday we would advise having adequate insurance
- Bike hire available at £25 per trip - Marin Pine 27.5+ Mountain Bikes
- Bikepacking bags are available at £10 per trip
- Buying your own equipment and bikes – We are happy to advise you on suitable bikes and equipment if you plan on buying prior to the trip. In addition we have arranged a discount for clients with our favourite brands and at local bike shops.
Required Equipment List
- Helmet and gloves
- Front and rear lights
- Basic toolkit including multitool, pump, tyre levers, repair patches and spare inner tube
- Bike suitable for offroad terrain and fully serviceable (unless hired from us)
- 2 x 750ml Water bottles or 1.5 Litre hydration pack as a minimum
- Cycle clothing to include a waterproof jacket and and spare warm dry clothing for the evening
- Lightweight camping equipment including tent/bivvi, sleeping mattress, sleeping bag and cooking equipment
- Food and snacks for the weekend
- Cycle shoes and flip flops (for the evening!)
- Money - We will stop at at least one watering hole to enjoy something to eat and drink. You will need cash as well as a credit card due to some of the more remote locations only taking cash.